Deutsche Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation (DSIK, German Sparkassenstiftung for International Cooperation) is a non-governmental organization based in Germany and focusing on financial inclusion and financial sector development in Africa, Europe, Latin America and Asia. DSIK started its operations in Tanzania in 2012 and maintains a head office in Mwanza and a second office in Dar es Salaam. The Tanzanian DSIK office is part of the DSIK Eastern Africa Regional Office located in Rwanda. DSIK and its partners in Tanzania seek to strengthen the microfinance sector and promote vocational and financial education amid broader segments of the society. These actions enhance financial inclusion and contribute to eradicating poverty.
The role of the Head of Vocational and Commercial Education Program is to plan, implement and manage project activities in offering of high-quality education for the microfinance sector in Tanzania. Project objectives are achieved through collaboration with partner organizations. The project work focusses on the areas of sustainable establishment of educational institutions as well as the provision of basic vocational training to employees of SACCOs and MFIs and the delivery of financial education and commercial knowledge to broad sections of the population.
The Head of Vocational and Commercial Education Program will work in close collaboration with other financial education and capacity development experts of DSIK in Eastern Africa and beyond.
Roles and responsibilities
- Activity and budget planning together with team members and in close coordination with the Country Directorate and partner organizations taking into account project objectives and budget restrictions;
- Identification of skill gaps and analysis of training needs for employees of SACCOs and MFIs;
- Development and implementation of concepts, strategic plans and curricula for the establishment and management of educational institutions for the microfinance sector in close alignment with partner organizations;
- Planning and implementation of trainings together with partner organizations;
- Creation of new training formats and further development of existing trainings taking into consideration the possibilities of establishing digital trainings and the required infrastructure;
- Development, planning and implementation of financial education measures targeting children and the general population to increase account opening and deposit mobilization in SACCOs and MFIs;
- Development, planning and implementation of financial education measures targeting micro-entrepreneurs to increase their professionalism, performance and financial sustainability;
- Advisory and support to partner organizations in the project-related capacity development for management and employees;
- Conduct research to identify promising opportunities in financial education and capacity development related to microfinance and disseminate findings internally as well as with partner organizations to find solutions to be implemented;
- Coordinate with other financial education and capacity development experts within and across the region to share experience, lessons, and innovative ideas;
- Support the collaboration with other relevant development cooperation institutions, the acquisition of additional funds and public relations efforts for project activities;
- Supervisory tasks for all Vocational and Commercial Education team members and conducting internal training measures to promote capacity development among the team members.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the area of education or capacity development– relevant experience related to development cooperation and/or (micro-)finance is a plus;
- 3 years of project management experience including budget and HR responsibilities and experience in leading and motivating diverse teams;
- Experience in the establishment and management of educational institutions, conceptualization and implementation of trainings and development of curricula– experience using technology in innovative ways that enhance instructional opportunity and student engagement is a plus;
- Consulting and advisory experience in an international context is a plus;
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in education sciences, business administration, economics or other relevant social sciences is required– Master’s degree in Banking and Finance is a plus;
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivation as well as ability to work in a fastpaced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and competence in intercultural communication, relationship management and networking;
- Ability to work independently and develop and execute strategies with minimal supervision;
- Strategic and solution-focused mindset as well as strong orientation to details;
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills combined with creativity and a passion for imparting knowledge and skills.
Main work location for the Head of Vocational and Commercial Education will be Mwanza. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and may also occur occasionally to other countries in Eastern Africa, especially Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda.
How to apply
Please submit your updated CV, relevant certificates and transcripts of records, and a cover letter clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received not later than May 9th, 2021. Please understand that we will only contact candidates who will have passed the preselection successfully and will be invited to the Assessment Center.
KU JOIN GROUP LETU LA WhatsApp LA MATANGAZO YA KAZI BONYEZA HAPA